Monday, February 14, 2011

20 Months & 20 weeks!

My sweet boy is 20 months old and I am just about 20 weeks pregnant! Amazing how quickly time passes by!

I'll start with the new baby :). This pregnancy is going well! I'm feeling this little one move a lot now and I'm constantly surprised by his/her little kicks. They make me smile and honestly remind me I'm pregnant when the busyness of the day can make me forget. We're having our ultrasound a bit later, so it's still two weeks away. I'm anxious to see this little one and longing to hear that he/she looks healthy. I'm still hanging on to my regular clothes, but I'm sure I'll have to break out the maternity bin before too long. My favorite pair of jeans are in there final days :). I'm excited we're half way to meeting this little one!!

McLleyton, here's what you're up to at 20 months...
*A full participant in our family! You are apart of everything and if we leave you out you're sure to find a way in! You are apart of dinner conservations, prayers, homework time, movie nights, baking, coloring, you do it all!!
*Talking in short sentences! You are putting multiple words together. Asking questions. Answering questions. You'll now repeat any word we ask you to say and you do a great job!
*You can say your name! I thought you might be 3 before you learned that tricky one, but you're doing a great job! I'm already working on spelling it with you... hoping you can have it down by kindergarten (sorry about that one :)).
*You love your sleep! Sleeping from 7pm-8am or later! You take one nap usually from 12:30-2:30 or 3. I often have to wake you up so we can pick up the girls from school. I always feel so bad, but you wake up happy!
*Your daddy loves your hair long! No buzz cuts for your buddy!
*Elmo is your favorite movie
*You love reading books
*You love to be on the go. Staying home all day is not your ideal day!
*You will sweetly tell me that you love me. It makes my day!


* You smile ALL the time ... and with those dimples it makes me melt!
* You have no problems with me leaving. Either at church, the gym or with a sitter you are happy and will simply say goodbye. Today when I told you I had to run to the store you said "Get milk mom" :).

*You and your cousin Jacob are really starting to become buds! You love it when he comes over or we go to his house! It's fun to see!
* You can open "child safety" tops. (like on the kids tylenol bottle) I have no idea how, but you can!
* You know most of your princesses by name. (Ariel, Belle, Snow white, Jasmine) What 20 month old boy doesn't? :)
* Instead of "barbies" you say "barbra's"- your sisters think it's so funny!
* You love bath time and call it "bubble time"

* You love sports! Football is still your favorite, but you know quite a bit about a lot of sports. When we watch sportcenter (which you'll request) you'll tell me the name of each sport as they show highlights. "Golf, tennis, hockey, basketball, soccer, football"... I don't think you know baseball, but that one isn't so important :).

* You love your daddy! You get so excited and give him the best hugs when he comes home.
*You've graduated from your highchair to sitting at the kitchen table.
* You still have a special bond with Monreau. You adore her!


* You climb. Yes, I mention this each time I update on you, but it seems to be your constant activity. You have mastered so many feats I never thought were possible. But, we've had to take drastic measures to try and keep you safe and have now tied all the chairs to the table. Lets just say you were not so happy with us!

*McLleyton you are a gift. You have such a fun, big personality! I'm excited to continue to watch you grow. Our days would be so dull without you :). You are an amazing little boy.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I had to comment not only because I loved reading this post about baby to be and Mcleyton but because I can't get over the fact that he sleeps from 7-8 and then takes a 2 1/2 hr nap. OH-MY-GOSH! You are blessed, in so many ways! :)

    Congrats on two "20's" and can't wait to hear more updates on everyone!

    ReplyDelete