Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Monreau...






Dear Monreau, 
   Today, you are four years old! We are celebrating you today and the amazing gift you are to our family!

As we sat together on the floor yesterday afternoon talking, laughing,  being silly and snapping a few rare pictures of just you, I was amazed at how much you've grown up in the past year! I am so proud of the little girl you are growing up to be! You made some giant leaps from three to four! 

This was our year together! I debated for weeks last summer about sending you to preschool or keeping you home another year. I am so confident and content in my decision to keep you home! I have treasured our afternoons together! I love sitting at the counter having conversations with you. Reading books. Baking. You love to bake! Coloring. You have come so far in your artistic abilities! Imagining. You are so creative! Laughing. There is no one who adds more laughter to my day than you :). Attempting "school" work, your least favorite of our afternoon activities. Monreau you are SO smart, I'm shocked and amazed by all you understand! Your memory and understanding of concepts and ideas is far beyond your four years! So, we let the traditional stuff slide and I just enjoyed teaching you how you like to learn! Come next year we'll play catch up on the "school" stuff :). For now I will continue to cherish our time together!

Monreau you are, our question asker! You have a genuine interest in others. You are so incredibly thoughtful. You ask deep, profound questions that blow me away. You are perceptive and wise. I love the way you pepper daddy with questions about his day at dinner. How you'll randomly ask me how I'm feeling or will ask a question about something or someone you're thinking about.  I love the way you embrace Shaelyn after school and sincerely want to hear about the best part of her day. Or how you'll ask McLleyton if he understands something! Never loose this gift. It will bring you far in life and bless the people in your life immensely. You, my sweet girl, are very gifted at making others feel welcomed, cared for and important! I am so proud of you! 

There was a time when it was very safe to say you were our more "difficult child." Those days have passed. Yes, you still have your amazing zest and fun, free spirit, that at times leaves you marching to your very own beat, but you are growing into an amazingly sweet, thoughtful, sensitive little girl. Truthfully, on most days I would say you're my easiest :). It takes very little to meet your needs. You are low maintenance. Quick to smile. Patient. Amazingly creative. Self driven. Very content. And so much fun to be around! Your fits and times of frustration are slowly disappearing (or transferring to your brother :)) and it's so amazing to see so many gifts and talents developing in you! I cannot wait to see the way they will be used in the years ahead! 

     Monreau, I love the way you love your sister. Your friendship with Shaelyn is truly one of the greatest gifts in my life. It's something I pray about daily and always hope you'll continue to work on. She's your best friend and I love it that you know that and enjoy it! It makes me so happy to watch the two of you have so much fun. To dance, play house, set up barbies, giggle as you talk in bed ... some day you'll be too grown up for those things, but never lose or stop working on the friendship the Lord has given the two of you! Thank you for loving her so well! 

Being a middle child (soon of 4) is not the easiest place to be. I was you :). You fill your spot in our family to perfection! Without you our family would miss out on so much fun, laughter, heart and LIFE! You have a personality that draws others to you. Be confident in all that you are! Dream big. Be compassionate. Pray faithfully. Seek out who Jesus is. Choose your friends wisely. Be honest. Never let go of your passion. Know how very much you are loved! We love you so much. How amazing is it that it's just an ounce of the way your heavenly Father loves you? Keep seeking to know and feel His love! I enjoy each day being your mom, thank you for filling my life with joy! Happy 4th Birthday my sweet girl!

Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Monreau, what a beautiful, precious gift you are! I love you, sweetheart! Happy 4th birthday!
    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete