Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring Break @ Captiva Island

This past Friday I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed. A good 10+ years and 4 kids too late, but I guess better late than never! I am swollen, sore and trying to lay low so that I can be better by Monday :). 

At least it's giving me the chance to do a lot of catch up on pictures! 

Pictures from an awesome trip to Captiva Island earlier this month! We had a great Spring Break! My parents are so gracious to invite us along on their vacation and they do so much to make it really feel like a vacation to me! We are so grateful! 

It was a beautiful, new spot that we had never been to before.  They rented a house just down from the beach and we loved it's location! It was walking distance to restaurants, Starbucks, little stores... and on a street perfect for having a lemonade stand! :) Which our girls (who are getting so grown up) had on many afternoons! The beach was covered in fun shells, waves were perfect and the weather could not have been any more beautiful! The kids and I got to stay for 10 days, Matt joined us for the last 5! It was wonderful!

I had so many pictures I couldn't choose ... but here's just a glimpse of some of the fun! 

Thank you Mom and Dad!


 The boys! They are growing up and starting to have fun together!
 The beach was beautiful!

Although Stennson wasn't so sure about the waves hitting him!
 Monreau was a great shell hunter!


 Shaelyn learned how to ride the waves this Spring Break! She was so adventurous and brave in the ocean! It was so much fun to see!
 Even McLleyton got a little braver :)
 My sweet 7 year old!
 Love these two boys!






 The house had a great pool! Hours of fun!

 Uncle Darren is a great Fun Captain and operates the best airport around!

 Watching the Masters! Everyone was happy Bubba won!



 A daily event. Lunches by the pool! (easy clean up :))
 For the adults too!

 Dinner out @ the Mucky Duck. Which was just down the street.
 Loved, loved, loved being with John and Kelly!!!!
 Love it this picture!

 Snuggles @ bedtime!
 Cousins!

 Jacob is talking so much now and he LOVES the water!
 Beach time!




 Dinner time!

 My sweet boy!
 Easter Egg Scavenger hunt for the girls! Sent them all around the island getting clues in their eggs.



 Lemonade Stand!! Best spot to have one!! The girls did very well :)



 Love these two!!


 Thank you Nanny and Poppy!!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pic of Matt and Mc with his Tigers hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love hearing and seeing all of the fun memories. what a blessing to enjoy family so much!

    ReplyDelete