Monday, November 9, 2009

Monreau Jillian...

I definitely feel at times that my sweet "middle child" can get the least of me at moments. It's kind of hard to be two and have a big sister and little brother! I know in certain moments I am asking a lot of her, because my hands are full or I need to tell her "in just a minute" on more time! She is growing up so quickly and she works so hard at keeping up! Really, I'm amazed at all she knows and can do. I definitely wish I had more time to just sit and read books or do puzzles the way Shaelyn and I did at this age, but I just simply can't. However, I love watching her learn in different ways. She knows just about all of Shaelyn's preschool songs and pretends to write her letters like Shaelyn. Her vocabulary is pretty complete now and other than using "me" instead of "I" she sounds very grown up! She still has some amazing one liners that keep us laughing all day long. Here's two great stories from this weekend...

Matthew Tarzan On Saturday we had our favorite babysitter "Ms Cari" here and we were just about headed out for a date. Matt was sitting at the table with them and Cari asked Monreau her middle name. She replied "Monreau Jillian" and Matt asked her who she was named after, she replied "my Aunt Jill." Cari then asked Shaelyn her middle name to which she said "Jayne like my mom." Then she asked Monreau what McLleyton's full name was, to which she said "McLleytonShatto." Matt then asked her who he was named after - to which she confidently answered "Matthew who mows my grass." Yes, our sweet girl proudly announced that McLleyton was named after the 13 year old boy who cuts our lawn once a week. :) Got to love it!

Yesterday the girls were playing in the van while Matt and I were talking outside with a friend. Shaelyn called out the window that Monreau was drinking pop. I opened the door and found her holding Matt's half finished can of Diet Coke. I took it away and reminded her that pop is not for little girls. She looked right at me and said "But me a daddy, me not a little girl, me a daddy, so me can have pop." I couldn't help but crack a smile at her creativity :).

Shaelyn was gone and McLleyton was sleeping, so Monreau and I played in the leaves for a little while...here's a few pictures of my grown up girl!!






Keeping up with the girls...walking down with Sophia and Shae to play at Sophia's house.

2 comments: