Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quotes of the day!

I was thinking last week how every day kids say the most random/funny sentences! Matt will often ask me if anyone said anything funny that day and sadly I usually can't recall one, even though I know that they did. So today I thought I'd write down a couple from the past few days that I did remember! This little phase of life is flying by....

Shaelyn:

Shaelyn's, comment on the clothes I had laid out for the day: "Yes, I love skinny jeans. Thanks, mom!" (I don't even know how she knew the term "skinny jeans!" She is actually not my fashion girl (that is much more Monreau) and she'll happily wear what ever I lay out for her... I know these days are numbered, I am enjoying them while they last! )

On the box of clothes that are too small: "Are you selling these on Craigslist?" (honest question since that is typical, but funny she know's "craigslist" :))

On McLleyton: "He's just so cute and I love him so much. I wished he loved me as much as he loves Monreau." (sad part it it's kind of true... she does love him SO much and he would always choose Monreau over her.)

Monreau:

Walking out the door to go to the gym: Monreau: "Mom are you going to run on the treadmill?"
Me: Yes
Monreau: "You'll be just like a little hamster, running around and around!"

Driving in the car: "What does humble mean?" (caught me off guard with this question. It's these little moments that I'm so thankful I'm home with her. Priceless conversations!)

Me: "Monreau why do I always need to remind you 3x to hang up your coat and put away your boots every time we get home?"
Monreau: "Because I'm 3. It can be hard to be responsible."
(Okay, point is taken...but it's still a little frustrating to have to remind her AGAIN! :))


McLleyton:

Matt: "You're a mess"
McLleyton: "I know!"

McLleyton: "Where's Shae Shae? "
Me: "Playing in her room. What do you think she's playing with?"
McLleyton: "Barbra" (or better know as Barbie :))

All day long you can hear McLleyton singing: "la la lala Elmo's world" and asking if he can watch "Elmo mooovie." It can be great when I need 15 minutes having him occupied, but is a little annoying when he cries about not watching it!

McLleyton's age is one of my favorites because of all the new words they learn daily. He continues to impress me. The new concept that he seems to have mastered is opposites. He will now say "in/out, on/ off, up/ down, on/off, hot/cold, light/dark ... all of those basics that really help out when he's trying to describe something. I continue to be so thankful that he is a talker. It seems to balance out his VERY busy personality :).

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I read Monreau's comment about her coat..... I ask John that quite often but he has yet to come up with an answer as cute as that one! :)

    ReplyDelete