Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Come on Little Buddy..."

My sweet little boy may never understand the meaning of personal space...because so far he has never experienced it! He is constantly getting smothered with love from his sisters. Shaelyn really can't get enough of him and if he takes a good nap she'll ask me several time if we can wake him up because she "misses him." She keeps me laughing because she talks "baby talk" with him all day long and will repeat any line she has her myself or another adult use with him. I think she's pretty convinced that she is his second mommy, she is such a good helper with him! Monreau is also very in to him and tries to duplicate what she sees Shaelyn do. Of course, it is not as gentle, but she has really done great with him.

Today, as I was picking up the kitchen, McLleyton was playing under his Gymini and Monreau was sitting next to him. I was half listening to her talk her baby talk with him when suddenly I realized what she was saying...she was repeating "come on little buddy, open up and eat your little snack...come on little buddy." It took a minute for it to register that she was eating pretzels and was most likely trying to share them. I ran over and sure enough there was McLleyton licking his lips and grimacing at tasting his first snack :). I immediately checked his mouth to see if there was a pretzel in there and then turned to Monreau. I'm sure she could tell from my body language he wasn't supposed to have a pretzel- so with the cutest little look on her face she said "Sorry, Mommy...I guess he doesn't really like pretzels any ways, he didn't want to eat it." I held in my laughter, explained he could ONLY have milk and then rescued McLleyton from his "caring" big sister! Oh, life as number 3...what a loved little boy!! :)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA!!! I am learning from your experiences already...I am sure Natalie will try to "share" with her baby brother too...Everyone is just too cute :) Glad all is going well

    ReplyDelete