Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life...

Our days seem to consist of pretty much the same routines each day with maybe one or two different activities...but some how they seem so busy and I can never get done all I "should!" I guess it is just the season of life. I tell myself daily to just let go of the "things" and enjoy my kids...some how I still feel at moments like I can't keep on top of ANYTHING :). But, my kids are SO enjoyable and I love all 3 of the ages I have right now. They each add such a different element to my day.

A few quick updates from this week...

Shae...is LOVING school. She looks forward to it all weekend long. Her favorite thing so far- GYM! Yay, I love that! She loves the learning and does an amazing job reporting back to me about her days. She listens so well to her "homework" instructions and tells me each night what she needs for the next day. Very helpful :). She and Sophia definitely stick together and do most things together, but she has been talking about a few new girls, which is fun to hear. Check out the picture of her going to school as a "farmer"...ok, I know she looks a lot more like a cowgirl :). But, she thought it was great!

Monreau...is growing up! Her word of the week "weird." Sophia says it and all of a sudden Monreau picked it up and she uses it in all different situations- "that so weird, mommy." She keeps me laughing! Overall she has done awesome with potty training. Her accidents have mainly been my fault as I have forgotten to remind her. We're still working on the pooping...hopefully that will come sooner rather than later :). She has really surprised me ... and made me reexamine some of my expectations for her- I think they've been too low. Her favorite part of our week has been Bible Study. We call it "Bible School" and I let her pack a backpack, so she loves it! Amazing how quickly the 2nd wants to grow up!

McLleyton...is a sweet baby! He loves to snuggle! My girls never like to snuggle or fall asleep in my arms. Being on a schedule it was almost like they couldn't do it- which is great because they go right down in their bed, but sometimes I always wished they'd just want to snuggle in and be loved on when they were sleepy. McLleyton loves it! He is awesome about going in his bed, but if we're out or at someones house and he's tired he'll just snuggle right in and sleep in my arms. The other morning he woke up early, but was so tired so Matt laid down with him and he slept for a hour in his arms. I had to take a picture :). He continues to make life easy on me with his sweet, patient spirit. I love having a little boy!!!!

A few pictures from the past week...
McLleyton has such blue eyes and his daddy's great eye lashes...really he looks A LOT like Shaelyn did as a baby. Kind of fun to see!



I know Shaelyn is really tall :)




Everyone was happy to have daddy home after a trip to Las Vegas and LA :)

2 comments:

  1. Um...could there be cuter kids? McLleyton is too cute. Shaelyn looks adorable as a cowgirl. And Monreau saying 'weird'--hilarious. Miss you guys a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of two of my favorite boys!

    ReplyDelete