Sunday, October 4, 2009

Potty Diary...


Today, I began the dreaded potty training!! I've been putting it off for months and I knew I just needed to do it! I told Monreau earlier this week that we were just about done with diapers and I tried getting her excited about the potty and princess underwear. I have a potty training "method"...completely made up and I'm not sure if "experts" would approve or not, but my way is to completely take diapers/pullups away (except for sleeping) and put the undies right on- no going back. Then I offer her as many drinks as she'll take to try and get her to pee as often as possible. I figure the more she has the sensation maybe the faster we'll learn. Overall, she did awesome today! She surprised me :). I've been dreading doing this with her, because of her awesome, carefree spirit. I still think this is going to be a long road, but today was a good first step :).

Day 1...

Successfully went on the potty 5x...once when I wasn't even in the room and she managed to get her pants and undies off all by herself!! Yay :).

Had 3 1/2 accidents...the half being when she managed to stop it and then finished on the potty :).

Went 1x in her diaper at nap.

1x in the bath (at least she knew she was going, right :))

For motivation I told Monreau she could pick a candy as her treat...totally random, but she picked the banana candy in the "Runts" package. I think she had only had this 1 or 2x before, but she's been screaming with joy over earning a "banana." :)

Day 2...

Went well!!! She is not telling me yet when she needs to go, but I just keep giving her drinks and then having her try every half hour or so. I couldn't get the timing right this morning and she had three accidents right in a row. But, then the rest of the day she did well!

Very similar to yesterday!

Went 7x in the potty!

3x in her pants!

Pooped...in her pants! :(

Good progress :).

Day 3...

SHE KNOWS :)

She began telling me BEFORE she went that she had to go potty!! Big progress!!

No accidents today!!

Going to bed was a bit of a battle, because she kept coming out and telling me she had to go potty. 2x she did...22 she didn't. A little frustrating. But, I'm proud of her effort!!

Day 4...

Doing great! Still no accidents! And we ventured out to the store ...where she went potty 2x!! :) On the way home she said she had to go potty...to which I begged her not to go in her car seat (do you know how long it takes to wash those :))..and she managed to make it home! Very impressive for my care free spirited one!!!

Still no pooping in the potty...we'll see...

1 comment:

  1. sounds like an adventure! i will have to get your advice when we do our training ! :)

    ReplyDelete