Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Such an easy dinner...even a 2 year old can make it!


Matt is out of town all this week spending time with friends in Las Vegas and LA. It has been a little crazy...for some reason even a little more than our normal craziness. :) It definitely confirms to me the fact that God did not intend for us to do this job alone. It would be long and lonely!!!

When Matt is gone or works late the girls love having breakfast for dinner. So, last night they were so excited when I told them that was the plan. Monreau immediately went and got the pancake mix out of the cupboard and asked me if she could help me mix. To which I said "absolutely, mommy needs some help!" I then had her look at the box and "read" the pictures of the ingredients we needed. We got out an egg, the milk and the bowl.... I set them up on the counter. A moment later, McLleyton started crying just a few minutes into his nap, so I told the girls I had to check on him. He had spit up and was not so happy about it, so it took me a couple of minutes to clean him up and get him back down. When I walked back to the kitchen Shaelyn was coloring and Monreau was up on the counter by the ingredients we had set out. When I got a little closer I realized she was "mixing" something. She looked at me at with the biggest smile and said, "Mommy, me helping you, me made dinner all by myself." I looked in the bowl and sure enough there was an egg (cracked!!!), milk, and pancake mix. At first I wasn't exactly "happy" she had taken on this job by herself and I told her she had to have mommy there when she "cooked." But, then I took the bowl and began inspecting her work. Some how the batter contained no pieces of shell and she had just the right mix/ milk ratio...we finished mixing it and ate it :). Such an easy dinner...even a two year old can make it!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet story Jayne...that Monreau is looking so old--and acting like it too, I guess! We miss you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete