Tuesday, August 10, 2010

14 Months!


McLleyton is now 14 months and there is no longer an ounce of baby in him! He works hard to keep up with the girls and he is always on the move! I am in love with this boy! He has such a bright personality! He loves to smile and laugh and he is so affectionate. He constantly offers hugs and kisses and wants to snuggle! Thanks to McLleyton I no longer feel like I need to get to the gym because with him I am constantly running, to catch him :). He is always moving or climbing! He has moved away from his fascination with the toilets (thankfully), but now he's into climbing and he is amazingly good at it! He has figured out several different ways to crawl onto the kitchen table and at the cottage he will climb the ladders up to the bunk beds! It's hard for me to imagine that when Monreau was his age she couldn't even walk yet! 

Other new things this month... a few new words, three of my favorite "bubbles, frog, all done." He continues to be outgoing and will say "hi" and "bye" to most strangers that pass by us when we're out and about. It has been a few weeks since I stopped nursing him. It felt good to make it through the year (especially because at 6 months I never thought we'd be able to, he was so distracted), but I was ready to be done and like the girls he didn't seem to even notice that we stopped. Hopefully, he'll be a little bit immune to some things when Shaelyn starts kindergarten this fall!

This month McLleyton discovered a great love for books! He will sit and read books now on his own or with you! He is still bouncing back and forth from 1 nap to 2 depending on when he woke up/our events for the day. On the days that he only takes 1 nap, I will usually put him back in bed at some point with a stack of books and he'll be happy for 20/30 minutes just reading! He really likes animal books. 

I'm getting more and more convinced that McLleyton understands everything I say to him. Yesterday, I was putting a pack of diapers in the drawer and I turned to him and gave him the diaper bag and asked him to throw it away. He took it from me and walked right of to the cupboard that holds the trash can, opened it, and threw away the bag. I love these little moments when you get a clear picture of how smart they are :). It always shows me that he does understand he's not supposed to be on the kitchen table and I better step up my discipline :). 

This month has also seen a lot of improvement in McLleyton's "swimming." Of all my kids he was the most hesitant in the water as a baby, but he is getting a lot more comfortable and at moments almost brave :). He is really starting to enjoy it, which I love! 

Alright, he is now sitting on the kids table, I better run... here's a few pictures of him in action...

Don't worry mom, I can climb down too...

And this is the smile that will greet me after he's accomplished a climbing feat :)

1 comment: