Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st day of Kindergarten...

Today, Shaelyn started Kindergarten! Amazing :). I remember rocking her just days after she was born and looking into her sweet face and telling myself that before I knew it she'd have a backpack on and would be waving goodbye as she ran into school. Today, it seemed pretty amazing to watch that image come true! There is no doubt that in this season of life the days can go by slowly, but the years pass so quickly! 

Last week Shaelyn got to go meet her teacher. They have each student come and spend 20 minutes 1 on 1 and see the classroom. It was great! Her teacher is Mrs. Grimm- ironically, my kindergarten teacher was also named Mrs Grimm :).

Saying goodbye to Monreau and McLleyton...

Grandpa and Grandma too :)


Looking so excited (and grown up!)...
Sophia and Shae are in the same class! They're excited :)



Dear Shaelyn,
Today you started Kindergarten! You have been looking forward to this day for weeks and this morning you were filled with excitement, knowing that today was the day! You packed your backpack, picked out a snack, made your water bottle and talked about all the fun things you anticipate school will hold. You're joy is contagious and I'm so excited for you! There is a little piece of me that questions how quickly the past 5 years went by and wonders how you've already hit this milestone, but, I know you are ready! You are kind, caring, beautiful-inside and out- thoughtful, sweet and smart! Shaelyn, I pray you'll always be confident in who you- who God made you to be. That you'll always work on the two most important things- loving Jesus and loving the people He has place around you.  I'm so proud of you and proud to be your mommy! I love you!
                       Mommy




2 comments:

  1. Tears, tears, tears reading this! Not only because I can't believe how time flies and are little ones are growing up but because this is also an exciting time of change. Praying this year goes well for all your children.

    ReplyDelete