Monday, September 20, 2010

Rough Start...


Well, we have not had the start to fall that we had planned! A few days into school Shaelyn was home with a bad cold. A cold that started with a runny nose, moved into her chest and eventually sent us to the doctor with an ear infection. The poor girl was miserable for over a week and very sad about missing so many days of Kindergarten. She never missed a day of preschool for being sick and now she's already missed 3 this year! 

To make it worse she passed the cold onto Monreau and Matt. While they were sick I came down with a horrible stomach virus. It was the sickest I've ever been since having kids. I couldn't eat a thing for 4 days and really could barely keep in fluids. To struggle being sick and having two sick kids, a teething, busy 1 year old and a sick husband, made for one very long, hard week!! Matt couldn't get over his bug and just got on meds from pneumonia... so hopefully we are finally on the mend! 

A week like this makes you SO thankful for health! I have never been so incapable of caring for my kids as I was this week and it made me so thankful for the ability to! I was also very thankful this week for help! My mother-in-law was so sweet and helped with the kids for two days! I am very thankful we have such great families! 

Hopefully, this was the first and last major illness of the year :). 

2 comments:

  1. Sound BRUTAL. Glad you're on the up and up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and it brought tears to my eyes. I wish I could've stopped by!

    ReplyDelete