Saturday, November 13, 2010

17 Months...

"I know, I don't know, who is that?, what is it?, where Shae Shae?, Where Ro Ro?, Hey Turtle,ABCD, Mom, this, that, yes, no, books, hi, buh bye, M, S, L, A, E " are just a few of the common sayings, words and letters that fill my days thanks to McLleyton!

He is talking... and talking some more! He really never stops now ... unless he's running away, climbing or filling the toilet with random objects :). I am amazed at all the new words he is now learning each day. He's staring to put words together on a more regular basis and can now really communicate a lot of different thoughts pretty well. It's fun to see!!

Shaelyn has been learning how to spell and read a bit for school and Monreau has been working on learning her letters, so on a regular basis we are talking about letters and it seems that McLleyton is picking them up. When ever he picks up a book he'll point to the title and start telling me different letter names. He obviously isn't' linking the actual letter with it's name, but it's amazing to see all the different ones he is retaining! I now sit him down next to Monreau when we do flash cards because he thinks it's fun to call out letter names :). Maybe I can teach 2 at once and be done :).

How blessed I am to have this sweet boy!!

Off to find trouble :)...

1 comment: