Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's starting to look like Christmas...

It's December!! Our house is decorated, the Advent calendar started and the tree is up!
I love this time of year!

Today we got our first snowfall of the year! It always amazes me how stunningly beautiful and peaceful it is! For the kids, it's exciting! They were all so happy to wake up to a snow covered world! McLleyton walked around saying "snow, snow" all morning! There wasn't more than an inch or two, but it snowed all day and by this afternoon the girls were ready to go sledding! They bundled up and headed out... much to the disappointment of their little brother, who got left behind! McLleyton was devastated as I snapped a few pictures of them and they took off down the hill. He wouldn't stop crying until I told him I would take him out to play in the snow too :). I guess crying can be persuasive :). So, we bundled up and he had his first sledding experience! I love these moments of new experiences and learning!

McLleyton looking on... and fully understanding that he's missing out!


There is nothing like this smile :)




This past weekend we decorated the house and put up the Tree..
My brother John & sister-in-law Kelly came to help! Here they are with their "instant family" :) My kids adore them :)!


3 comments:

  1. Oh Jayne, I love this post! Love the decorations! They look awesome. And you're right--McLleyton's smile is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful tree! i love this time of year so much! i posted some snow pics of the kids today too. we will have to enjoy our last month of snow. blessed to have our last white christmas. love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way...love Shaelyn's robe. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete