Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3 weeks old!

McLleyton is 3 weeks old today and he's had a few firsts!! He survived his first major storm this weekend out at the Lake. It really was one of the craziest storms I've ever been in- HUGE trees fell and the power was our for 3 days. McLleyton and Monreau slept through it all and Shaelyn was fascinated by the power of it all. We were very grateful that the huge oak tree feel to the side and not on the cottage! It was an adventure (and a lot of clean up!!).

A few other first...sleeping 6 hours in between feedings, first time left with a "babysitter" (thank you Grandma!), having a bottle, first Fathers Day, and hanging out in his gymini! Can't be thankful enough for the bonus sleeping hours and he did great on his bottle and is getting more interested each day in his toys.

The girls are doing well! I've been thinking lately that I have to start writing down some of Monreau's one liners...they are SO funny! She has a bit of a funny personality to start and combine that with now being able to say every word and she pulls out some very funny stuff! Of course nothing is coming to mind at the moment, but stay tuned, she keeps me laughing all day!

Shaelyn continues to be my awesome helper, sometimes I wonder if I could make it through a day without her :). She has a servant spirit that I pray will just keep growing and growing! She also can have her 4 year old "sassy" moments that drive me crazy and I keep searching for ways to get her to think about her "tone of voice" and the "words she uses". (I feel like I say those phrases too many times in a day lately!) But, I know it's just par for the course and I've just got to keep on her! Oh the joys of 3 different stages :). Really...I have the best life...and the most amazing husband who lets me be home to take all these joys in!!

Here's a few random pictures from the past week...


Off on a date with Grandpa...and looking so grown up!


McLleyton and Uncle John!


I love watching him sleep!


1st bottle...with the best daddy!


Hopefully his feet will not be as BIG as Uncle Johns :)


He loves his Bath time!


Everyone getting in on gymini time!


He's starting to get interested in his toys!


Two and fun!!

3 comments:

  1. everyone looks great! 3 weeks already. Time flies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so blessed to be the Grandma of these three beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete