Thursday, January 14, 2010

2nd Haircut...

Monreau got her 2nd hair cut a few weeks ago and she did it herself! I know that nearly every child gives in to curiosity at some point and tries cutting their own hair. Two of my nieces have done it, the kids I nannied for tried it, so as a mom I was determined not to let it happen. I had talked with both of the girls several times about NEVER cutting their own hair and would mention it on and off when ever they were doing projects with scissors, I thought that I had covered all my bases and they got it... But, sometimes curiosity is just too great! So, one morning as we were trying to get out the door I had just finished putting Monreau's hair in a pony tail at the kitchen table and had walked away for maybe 20 seconds, when I looked back at her she had a kids scissors in her hand and was holding it against her head right in the middle of her hair. I immediately told her to put it down and asked her to come over to me. I didn't think there was any way she even had enough time to cut it, so I reminded her in a stern voice how we NEVER put a scissors by our hair etc...and then I looked up. To my GREAT sadness she had cut a big chunk out right in the middle. Her hair is so, so beautiful and LONG- inches longer than Shaelyn's.  So, sadly I walked her to the bathroom where I took out her pony tail and let all the hair that she had cut fall out. She knew I was upset and she cried as I pulled out the hair she had cut. It was enough to fill a lunch size Ziploc bag. Yes, I saved it for her baby book :). I can hide her "bald spot"  with a few different hair styles, but for now...and probably the next 6 months pony tails are out :(. Oh, life with Monreau...there is never a dull moment! 

2 comments: