Saturday, April 10, 2010

Florida (part 1) ...

I flew down to Florida with the kids this past Tuesday and we've been having a great time! We are staying in Siesta Key ... a place that holds so many of my childhood memories! To now create memories with my children in a place that I have always loved is amazing!! We are staying with my parents (who are so gracious and kind to let us come) and during our time down here we will get a couple of days with most of my siblings! This past week my sister Jill and her three kids were here and the girls were loved living with their cousins! 

For me this "vacation" is a lot of work. Getting packed up, traveling with the 3 by myself, helping them adjust to new sleeping arrangements, having a teething baby, etc... but it all seems so worth it when I get to watch Monreau chasing the sea gulls, McLleyton eating his first bite of sand :) and Shaelyn's joy over spotting dolphins in the ocean! :) I LOVE watching them experience new things and learn in a hands on way. I know it's such a gift to be able to do this and I just pray that as they grow they will love these memories and value the experiences they've been able to have! And really ... I get to do all the normal "mom" things with a little sunshine and book reading mixed in ... I'm lovin' these experiences too!! 

I told Matt I'd post a few pictures! We miss you! 
Looking so grown up :)
Jumping right back into swimming!
So much fun to have our boys!
I love these 6!! 
Monreau was snuggling with Poppy and watching golf...when she fell asleep! (or they both fell asleep!) Nothing better than a good nap! 
"The boys" as they are affectionately called! Jacob and McLleyton- just 10 days apart in age!
Out for Ice Cream... and it was yummy :)



Flying a Kite at the Beach with Uncle Jeff
Monreau, Sophia, Shaelyn and Lauren

First sand experience :)
Shaelyn's dolphins!


He loved having his toes in the water!
Miss you Daddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment