Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sisters...

I grew up sharing a room with both of my sisters for my whole life. Looking back I can recall a few fights, but mainly I have very fond memories of it. My sisters are 4 and 6 years older than me. I think it's safe to say that the two of them have very different personalities. In some ways, I was a mix of both of them. I often think that if it wasn't for sharing a room I probably would not have been as close to them as I was, since there was a bit of an age difference. I am so thankful my parents had us share a room!

As Matt and I talked about having kids we always said that they would share a room. However, when God gave us two very different little girls we weren't so sure how that was going to work out :). But, since our house only has 3 bedrooms, we were basically forced to put them together when McLleyton finally graduated from our closet to his own room, and I am SO thankful we did! It seemed (and is at certain moments) like it was going to be so much more work. Shaelyn needs her sleep, some how Monreau seems to operate on the bare minimum! Shaelyn likes order, Monreau likes fun! Shaelyn follows the rules, Monreau tends to break them! We've definitely handed out a fair amount of consequences and spankings over the past year... but the conversations, giggles, snuggles and prayers have been priceless! There have been several nights when Matt was working late and I've felt so tired, but when I laid down next to them and listened to them pray together my soul is re energized. Tonight, they were tired... I was tired... but as they giggled together I couldn't help but smile. There is nothing like a sleep over with your best friend, how blessed they are that they get one every night!

Shaelyn and Monreau it is my prayer that you'll always work on loving each other and laughing together! You have both been blessed with so many gifts... celebrate in each others accomplishments, embrace being different, encourage each other, work things out, keep praying together, dream, giggle, tell stories ... be sisters ... there is nothing better!!
I love you girls!

4 comments:

  1. There really is nothing better than a sister! :) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the memories from that room . . . and next week I'll be back in there with my girls. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that picture is PRICELESS---ahh, how sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you share the good memories!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete