Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kindergarten Fun...

The jump from preschool to Kindergarten has seemed like quite a big one... probably more for me than for Shaelyn! It still seems a bit strange to have her gone for 1/2 of a day 5x a week! We have homework, book orders, magazine sales, field trips, parent teacher conferences ... is she really this old... am I really this OLD? :) I guess I'm still adjusting to the fact that I only have a few weeks left in my 20's :). It still amazes me that we're already into this next phase of life and this is our routine for MANY years to come!!

Shaelyn is loving it and doing great! I've been impressed by the academic side and all she has already been learning this fall. It seems to come pretty easily for her. She's very excited to now know how to spell and read some words! She and Sophia are doing great being together! This month they've been sitting together at the same table and their teacher said they do an awesome job :). A fun report to hear! There is definitely a lot of security in having each other!

Earlier this month we had a field trip to a local orchard. We picked apples, a pumpkin and had donuts and cider. It was fun to get to know some of the kids and parents!

Shaelyn and Sophia... (yes, Shaelyn is still the tallest in her class... Sophia is actually one of the taller kids too! :))

I adore these two...

They were good pickers




The clouds made it a picture perfect day!
This month Shaelyn also like having "Duffy the Dog" for the night and writing in the journal about their time together, "We played outside. We colored and we went to my Nanny and Poppy's house. We had fun."


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Sooo impressive- Shaelyn, you have great writing skills and school sounds like lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete