Saturday, October 16, 2010

16 Months...


Shaelyn mentioned the other day that it's hard to remember how many months McLleyton is because it keeps changing too quickly. I feel the same way! At 16 months McLleyton is enjoying all the same things he did at 14 and 15 months, just at a little faster speed. He can now climb onto the kitchen table in about 2 seconds and in 5 can climb the bar stools onto our island. There is no longer a "safe spot" for the girls to do crafts, McLleyton has successfully invaded all areas! He is constantly exploring the house. Going through cupboards, closets, drawers ... not necessarily to be destructive, but more because he has a genuine curiosity! He loves to find things that belong to me and bring them to me (my shoes, watch, makeup :)...it's so helpful :).

His loves for books continues to be a gift as I feel like it's a great way to focus his energy! He loves to learn and in this way reminds me so much of Shaelyn as a baby. He is picking up a lot of words and as I've been working on Monreau's letters he is learning them too :). When you ask him what letters he knows he'll say "S" and "M" ... he'll also repeat "L" and "O". When ever he sees letters written down he'll say "momma S".

After books, he's definitely into sports and learning the different types of balls. He says "golf ball" , "football," and tries to say soccer, but it's not very clear! He loves it when football's on the TV and he'll ask to wear his jersey! He'll take his golf clubs that Uncle Trey gave him and hit a ball all around the garage. He also likes to hit tennis balls with a racquet in the play room.

Monreau and McLleyton continue to be best buddies! He adores her :) I feel like when the younger child is around 18 months, the age gap begins to close a little and it's fun to see that starting with the two of them!

I love these pictures of them. Monreau had slept in and McLleyton was so excited to see her. He climbed up on her chair as she was eating breakfast and snuggled right in.


2 comments:

  1. I am thinking McLeyton is a genius. Ha, took me 3 times to spell genius right! Amazing Jayne! Those two looks like they will be good buddies for life. And yes, I see the age gap closing as Jamie is starting to play with Pete more, talk and read with us. Lots of fun. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete