Thursday, October 7, 2010

Monreau Jillian...

As I was looking back at a few posts of the last few months, I noticed that I definitely do fewer updates on Monreau. It's definitely not a reflection of her :). She, in many ways, is the star and center of our family! But, at moments she definitely falls into the middle child role- for better and for worse!

Monreau is magnetic! She is sweet, easy going, loving, affectionate, smart and funny! She has a spunk to her that fills my days with joy and keeps me on my toes! Most of the time she acts far older than she is! She keeps up with Shaelyn and her cousins and has truly become "one of the girls!" At other moments she'll fall on the floor crying and struggle to use her words to communicate, reminding me that she is indeed still 3!

I am loving having my afternoons with just her this year, as Shae has school and McLleyton naps! I went back and forth about sending her to school this year (mainly because she really wanted to go!) and as the school year was starting I really wasn't sure I had made the right choice. But, now I know she is just where she should be! This is the most one on one time her and I have ever had and we're both loving it! She thrives in it! We've been spending a half hour each day working on letters and numbers! Monreau is so smart, but it's fascinating to me how she has little to no interest in "school work." She's behind a bit, but it's been fun having goals to work toward and seeing her start to pick up on different ideas! It's been great for me to start to understand how she learns and what holds her attention! I am so thankful we are just in the beginning of a whole year of fun afternoons!

This week Monreau had a big week! She decided last week that she was ready to get her ears pierced! I always said the girls could do it when ever they were ready. She was ready :). I made her think about it for a few days and I do not sugar coat it- explaining that it would hurt and I will have to clean them. My mom took Shaelyn to get hers and had always told Monreau she would take her too. So, on Wednesday she picked her up and she did it! No tears and a lot of smiles! She was so excited to come home and her sister and cousins! They look adorable on her and make her look older!

Here's some pictures of the adventure..

Getting ready to go with Nanny...
SO excited...
Looking so grown up...
She said "it just felt like a shot" :)... she is definitely my tough child!
She did it!
A Slurpee to celebrate! :) She was so happy to show me!
The girls got home from school and were excited too...
Shaelyn was so sweet and as she left for school that day she hugged Monreau and said "Roey, I'm so proud of you and I can't wait to see your earrings when I get home." Got to love those moments!
She picked square diamonds...
Thanks nanny!

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute. What a doll! And she sounds like a sweet daughter. What a blessing. Enjoy her and this time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute post! each of your kids is so sweet. i love monreau's earrings! BIG GIRL!

    ReplyDelete