Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Don't give me away..."

The other night we were getting the kids ready for bed and we were talking to the girls about when they get married some day. We were talking about the "criteria" for their husbands ...he must love Jesus, love them, and love our family. Then Matt looked at Monreau and said "Some day Roey, mommy and I will be excited to give you away to your husband." About 2 seconds later she crawled on my lap and started crying (hard!) I asked her why she was crying, to which she replied "Don't give me away mommy, don't give me away" with the saddest look on her face.  Matt and I couldn't help but start laughing, which only made her cry harder. I tried to calm her down and convince her that it would be a good thing and that she would want to go live with her husband ...but she was having none of it, so finally I just promised her over and over that we would NEVER give her away and eventually she calmed down! 

I know the day we "give her away" will be here before we know it. The years will fly by and all of a sudden my sweet two year old will be all grown up and in love! I think about their husbands often and pray for them each day! I pray that the Lord will protect him, that he is loved and that he will know Jesus. Until then I am NEVER going to give Monreau away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment