Thursday, June 17, 2010

Celebrations...

Yesterday was a day to celebrate! My dad turned 60 and it has been 5 years since my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer! Two of my favorite people with two big reasons to celebrate :). We feel blessed and so grateful!! 

For my dad's 60th my siblings and I are doing 60 days of celebrating him! Starting on June 1st and lasting through July each of us six kids have 10 different days to celebrate my dad. Each day has a page that goes with it that in the end will make up a book. It's been fun to try and be creative and to think of little ways to express our love, gratitude and gratefulness for him! He is an amazing dad, poppy and friend! We are SO blessed!!! 

Yesterday, was one of our days and it was fun to celebrate his birthday with him! Matt and his business partner Nate picked him up in the afternoon and they went golfing and then my mom and I met my dad and Matt for dinner. I think in so many ways this was more of a treat for Matt and I than it was for them :). A kid free night out ... and a night with just us and my parents! A rare, special treat! It was a fun dinner of reminiscing about all the things I remembered about my dad and my childhood to talking and dreaming off all that will still come in the future! I am so thankful for such incredible parents. As Matt and I now navigate parenting our own three, I am continuously grateful for the example that they are and the way they love us! 
Happy Birthday Dad! 



No comments:

Post a Comment