Friday, June 4, 2010

Cottage...home...cottage...home

For months my girls have been asking "mommy, when do we get to go cottage, home, cottage, home, cottage, home?" Aka....SUMMER!!! We are SO blessed that my parents are both generous and gracious enough to let us spend a lot of our summer at their cottage in Holland. It's 45 minutes from home and really it's a kids paradise (and a mommy paradise too). It has a pool, swing set, bikes and COUSINS! There isn't much better in life! We love being there! We got amazing weather for our last 10 days of May (80+ and sunny) and I decided to take the kids out for two days ... a week later we came home :). I just couldn't come up with any good enough reasons to leave! It's an amazing gift! 

Here's a few pictures of our kickoff to cottage season! 

Poppy with his vintage, but fully restored Coca-Cola machine! Pretty fun! 
The girls enjoying lunch by the pool  (drinking soda from the coke machine ... thanks Poppy :))
Love these cousin moments!
Headed for the first boat ride of the year! 
McLleyton enjoyed his...

McLleyton learned how to say "Poppa" and he loved being with my dad! 
This picture sums up their relationship :). I love it! Shaelyn loves her cousin Lauren!
This one sums up these two too :). makes me laugh! 
Monreau learned how to swim in the seal and I think by the end of the summer she'll be swimming on her own. She is a fish!
McLleyton is my most hesitant water lover, but he's getting there! Playing with Uncle John
Monreau discovered the jumping rock...
Uncle John can definitely throw you the highest

My mom and I watching the swimmers... who were in at 9am :)
Off for a run... thanks to the family weight lost competition! Looking good! 3 more weeks until the "final weigh in!"
Nothing loves my dad like doing a project! 
What a difference a year makes...

No comments:

Post a Comment